ESPHome 2021.9.0 - 15th September 2021¶
You get the most out of your ESPHome devices when you combine it with Home Assistant, which offers a seamless and local integration to control and manage all your ESPHome devices. Today Home Assistant launched a crowdfunding campaign for the Home Assistant Amber, the easiest way to get started with Home Assistant and a privacy focused smart home.
@OttoWinter has been hard at work adding a layer of encryption to the API which utilises the
noise protocol. This releases adds the capabilities to ESPHome devices, but Home Assistant (or other clients)
will need to upgrade their client libraries (e.g.
aioesphomeapi) before they can connect and communicate to
devices with encryption. This is scheduled to be available in Home Assistant 2021.10.
Packages have been extended to allow loading (multiple) YAML file(s) from a git repo. Take a look at the examples to see how to use them.
platform: midea_ac has been changed to
platform: midea in this release and has
quite a few upgrades. Check the docs for the new features. Midea Air Conditioner
SDM Meters have been fixed to use kWh instead of Wh as the energy unit of measurement.
The template selects, numbers and switches now have more validations on them preventing weird usage.
If you do not set a
lambda then you are required to make them either
optimistic: true, or
set_action (select/number) /
Full list of changes¶
- ESPHome 2021.8.0 - 18th August 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.20.0 - 21st July 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.19.0 - 16th June 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.18.0 - 19th May 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.17.0 - 4th May 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.16.0 - February 3, 2021
- Changelog - Version 1.15.0 - September 13, 2020
- Changelog - Version 1.14.0 - November 1
- Changelog - Version 1.13.0 - May 30th 2019
- Changelog - Version 1.12.0
- Changelog - Version 1.11.0
- Changelog - Version 1.10.0
- Changelog - Version 1.9.0
- Version 1.8.0
- Version 1.7.0